Have you bought a new router? Once you’ve acquired a router, you require to connect it to a PC or computer and connect with the internet. But, some people face issues while locating the router through 192.168.1.254 IP address. In some cases, the IP address 192.168.1.254 does not work aptly while trying to access the router. Based on the configuration of the router, you might require connecting the router to the device via a LAN port. The page on which the person is trying to access the internet and the administration interface must remain in the same IP range.
Whenever you attempt to login to your router through the IP address 192.168.1.254 then, you might get errors. The page you are trying to access might not open correctly. This could be some problem on your router or the PC. When you try to load the web page using 192.168.l.254 login, the page may not load properly on your desktop or laptop. There are some solutions to this problem when you come across while accessing the router. Check out the easy techniques to access your router when 192.168.1.254 doesn’t work correctly. Here are the quick solutions to fix cannot access gateway address kind of issues.
How to Fix ‘192.168.1.254 Not Working’ Problem?
In this post, we have compiled a list of few possible causes and the precise solutions to fix those errors with your internet connectivity. Have a look!
1. Resetting the Router
If you are unable to access the router with 192.168.1.254 not working error then, you can try out another alternative i.e., resetting the router. You can use the Reset button of your router to enable the access. Otherwise, there is a risk of having issues with the speed of your broadband internet connection. To reset the router, follow the below steps:
- First of all, navigate to Settings.
- You need to enter the admin password whenever asked.
- If you haven’t changed the password since the purchase of the router, you can locate it on the hub’s label.
- You need to navigate to BT Access Control wherein you can turn on that particular feature.
- You can pick when and which devices to block.
2. Change the Web Browser
- Some of the older routers don’t work perfectly with specific web browsers due to dated or buggy code.
- You can try running the router and access the internet on a different web browser i.e., Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, etc.
3. Enter Correct IP Address
- Ensure that you have entered the precise IP address for the router in the address bar.
- At the same time, you need to check whether you are accessing the appropriate port or not.
- Actually, the standard port for accessing the router is 80.
- But, some people might use 443 or 8080 without having precise knowledge about it.
- You can easily find out the IP of your router just by entering ‘ipconfig’ in the command prompt.
- Just find the definite IP in the default gateway.
4. Reboot the Router
- Another best solution to access the router when 192.168.1.254 doesn’t work to reboot the router.
- It could be likely that your router might get locked or the integrated web server might be crashed.
- Due to the issues of temporary software, you may not be able to connect it.
- In order to solve this issue, the best solution is to reboot it.
These are some of the solutions to fix the problems that benefit the users to access the router even when 192.168.1.254 doesn’t work properly or may not be able to access the gateway address. For more doubts and queries, drop your questions in the comments section below. We try to provide apt solutions as soon as possible.